The 2020 Authors' Guide to Getting a Domain Name & Self-Hosted WordPress
45 minutes of step-by-step videos to guide you from nothing to owning a domain name & hosting, and setting up WordPress, activating your security certificate, creating an email address, and more.
What This FREE Course Covers
- What you'll learn in this course (2:29)
- Technical jargon (2:50)
- Getting a domain name (10:09)
- Getting affordable and reliable hosting with free email addresses, SSL certificate, and more (10:38)
- Installing WordPress (1:59)
- Pointing your domain name to your hosting (2:51)
- Activating your security certificate and getting that little padlock in your browser (2:50)
- Creating an email address associated with your domain name (6:50)
- Enabling auto-updates to help keep your site secure (2:23)
- What's next? (0:33)
Hi, I’m Caro Bégin.
I write fiction under two pen names, and I’ve been a self-employed WordPress developer for over ten years.
In 2019, I started GoCreate.me as a platform where I offer custom websites for authors.
Before that, I had various careers, including two years overseas, teaching English as a second language. The two years prior to that were spent teaching various subjects at a naval engineering school. Based on the feedback I got, I’m pretty good at simplifying complex things and providing clear instructions. I’ll let you be the judge of that.
If you attend writers’ conferences, you may have met me (most likely while hanging out at the bar). I’m in my early forties, I have long, curly brown hair, and I speak with a faint French-Canadian accent.